Saturday, June 5, 2010

What's the point? Connecting the dots!

LJSD is like a family. These days, the Spring of '10, it's more than just a bit dysfunctional. My mom used to say, "Son, don't air the family's dirty laundry." Most families heed that advice.

But LJSD is not a family: It's a school district. As a former systems engineer, I believe that the more data on the table, the easier it is for everyone to see what's going on and what needs to be done. You can't solve a problem until you have a clear picture of what the problem is.

Real-life problems are like connect-the-dot puzzles. In the case of LJ, many people have a piece of the puzzle: a dot, or two, or three. The more dots on the page... the easier it is to solve the puzzle.

So what's the problem? I'm not sure... let's get some dots on the table!

(If you'd like to add a post, e-mail me your story/facts/etc., and maybe I'll post it!)

e-mail address: evansjrdon@sbcglobal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment? Feel free, but be nice. I do moderate the comments...